Monday, March 30, 2009

What an ending!

A great day like today, when everything just works out perfectly had to have a stressful ending, right?

After picking Sarah up from school we went by Publix to get some groceries, and when I parked the car back home in the garage, I realized I FORGOT MY PURSE IN THE SHOPPING CART OUTSIDE THE GROCERY STORE!!!

Luckily I live practically across the street from the store, so I hastily drove back, whilst having practically a nervous breakdown in the car... Why had I just today decided to use my fanciest $250 purse? Oh no, my prescription strength sunglasses were in there! And all those things in my wallet!!! What a nightmare...

As soon as I (almost skidding on two wheels) arrived at the parking lot I could immediately see that there was no purse anywhere...

Sarah thought it was a little exciting RUNNING into the store, although she clearly understood the stress I was going through. I was practically shaking when I got inside. All those cards in my wallet are not impossible to replace, but it would take a few weeks, and I am having Swedish family coming in a few days: NOT IDEAL!

I was hoping that some honest person had turned the bag in WITH all my stuff still inside...

I was in luck. Someone had found it and turned it in. I was a shaky mess. Loosing your wallet is NOT anyone's favorite thing for sure... On the way back out to the car Sarah asked: "Mommy, can we RUN again, it was so much fun!?!"

I have only lost my wallet once before, and then I was 15 and it was stolen at a camp ground, no big deal. But your wallet is such a personal thing. I know better than to store personal information such as my "green card", social security number ("personnummer") or passwords and such in there, but it would still have been a major pain to replace all those things...

Have you ever lost your wallet?

1 comment:

petchie said...

Åh, vad skönt att du fick tillbaka väskan! Ha ha, Sarahs kommentar var bara så härlig - tur att det fick ett lyckligt slut för annars hade du nog inte alls uppskattat den...
Det är sant att man inte borde ha allt viktigt i väskan, och ha mobilnummer uppskrivna så att man inte förlorar alla kontakter om man tappar mobiltelefonen...
Jag har fortfarande inte läst den tredje Stieg Larsson-boken...
Kram!