Tuesday, March 24, 2009

List

This list has been floating around on a bunch of blogs, so I grabbed it and here it is. Copy at will of course!

1. How old are you in five years? 40

2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today? Sarah, my daughter and our two dogs

3. How tall are you? 173 cm

4. What was the last film you saw? ”Flamman och Citronen”, Danish movie about the resistance movement during WWII, very good, thanks for the recommendation, Lotte!

5. Who did you last call? My sister Carina in Sweden.

6. Who last called you? Checking again… Actually, nobody has called all day! Last call was last night from Ken.

7. Do you prefer to call or send text messages? I rather call - but I use MSN Live to message Ken most of the time if I am at home and he is at work.

8. Are your parents married or divorced? Well, they were engaged to be married when my mom passed away.

9. When did you last see your mom? I guess February 1975, she died on February 24th that year, I was only 1 year old.

10. What color are your eyes? Blue

11. When did you wake up today? I had a hard time sleeping due to pain, but the alarm goes off at 7 AM, time to get up and get Sarah ready for school.

12. What is your favorite Christmas song? I like a bunch, but Bing Crosby’s “White Christmas” is really wonderful.

13. What is your favorite place? I think anywhere where I can relax and enjoy the company of friends, family and good food!

14. What is your least favorite place? Any hospital!

15. Where do you think you are in ten years’ time? I am hoping I will still be happily married living in the US, but with a summer house on Gotland, Sweden…

16. What scared you at night when you were a child? Perhaps the dark? I only really got scared of the dark after seeing “Twin Peaks” on TV when I was 15-16…

17. What made you last laugh? My sister Carina saying something funny on the phone.

18. How big is your bed? An American Queen size bed – that would be 152 cm x 203 cm.

19. Do you have a desktop or laptop computer? We have two desktops and one laptop at home.

20. Do you sleep with or without clothes? Always naked – hate being too hot or have clothes twisting around. Ken is the same way. Used to sleep in long nightgowns as a kid and later in just panties. But since after moving in with Ken in 1997 naked is the way to go – I think it is because he is like a furnace, making it too warm for clothes (plus Florida is not exactly a cool place!)

21. How many pillows do you have in your bed? We have four – Ken uses one, I use one and then I have one for between my knees – I hate whem my knees touch at night – too hot, sweaty and bony.

22. What countries have you visited? Sweden, Denmark, Norway, France, The Netherlands, the UK, the United States, Mexico.

23. What cities/places have you lived in? About 13 different places in Sweden – mainly Östertälje, Rone, Hemse, Grötlingbo, Väte, Visby, Jönköping – and a bunch of smaller places in between. And then in my current city – Bradenton, FL of course.

24. Not on the list???

55. Are you social? Not really much for large social gatherings, I like intimate settings. I like my alone time, but I also love hanging out with a group of people I know well once in a while.

26. What is your favorite ice-cream? I have no set favorite, but I like plain vanilla and strawberry – as long as the ice cream is of good quality.

27. What is your favorite dessert? Nothing in particular. I don’t like overly sweet things.

28. Do you like Chinese food? My favorite Asian food is Thai, but I like Chinese as well.

29. Do you like coffee? I really hate coffee, though it smells great!

30. What do you drink for breakfast? I always start my day with water, since I get so dehydrated now with no colon, but with breakfast I always drink tea.

31. How do you sleep (side, back, stomach)? I prefer my left side, but now when I don’t have constant discomfort from my stomach I can sleep any which way, which his awesome!

32. Do you know how to play poker? Yes, used to play a lot when I was younger. Ken really don’t like any kind of card play, so in the lack of having someone to play with I haven’t played for years. But I always just play for fun, not money!

33. Do you like getting cozy/cuddling? The entire family is big on cuddling, we can pile all of us, including the dogs, on the bed to just hang out and cuddle. Love it!

34. Are you an addicted person? Yes, I think so, but mainly to things that are good for me!

35. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you? Yes a few. The one that pops into my mind at the moment is Jennifer Aniston.

36. Do you want children? Got a start on that with the one. I would not be against another one if it wasn’t for health and money issues. But who knows?

37. Do you know other languages than English [the language you are writing in]? Swedish of course. Studied French and German, and I know a little Spanish as well.

38. Have you even been in an ambulance? Unfortunately way too many times, but only here in the US, never in Sweden. Last time was in August last year when I had an abdominal hemorrhage after surgery and was gushing blood all over.

39. Do you prefer the ocean or a pool? The ocean, no contest! The ocean has sooo much more to offer than just water to swim in. The sights, the smells and the awesomeness of it all!

40. What do you prefer to spend money on? Except for everyday necessities I like to spend money on our home and traveling.

41. Do you own any precious jewelry? Yes, I have several diamonds and real pearls. The most special piece in my huge princess cut diamond engagement ring.

42. What are your favorite programs on TV? I watch a lot of TV. No reality shows, I like some mystery and action, but my DVR is set to record everything from Desperate Housewives, Grey’s Anatomy, and Bones, to Lost, Heroes , CSI and Criminal Minds. We also watch a lot of nature shows. National Geographic’s Planet Earth series is awesome.

43. Can you roll your tongue? I don’t know, I can make it into a U, if that counts?

44. Who is the funniest person you know? Don’t know.

45. Do you sleep with cuddly toys? No, the less stuff in bed the better.

46. What is your mobile phone ringtone? I have a Swedish kid’s song called “Gullefjunlåten”.

47. Do you still have any of your baby clothes? Yes, a few things.

48. Dog or cat? I have always been a cat person, never was around dogs when I grew up, but due to Ken’s allergies I have now had two dogs for almost 9 years, and I really like having them. Great companions, cuddly and a reason to get out and exercise every day.

49. Do you flirt a lot? Not really, but I am always friendly.

50. Can you change the oil in the car? Yes, but I prefer Ken to do it, too messy for me.

51. Have you ever got a speeding ticket? No, no tickets or anything like that. I have never even been pulled over.

52. What was the last book you read? Can’t remember, it was an Ann Holt book (Norwegian author).

53. The best book you have read? No one book stands out, but I have been an avid reader since I was very young, so there has been quite a few.

54. Do you subscribe to a weekly or monthly magazine? I get tons of free subscriptions to everything from beauty to home and cooking, thanks to suing airline miles.

55. Do you dance in the car? I can get a little “twitchy” when a good song comes on, but not dancing…

56. What was the last radio station you listened to? It was 99.3 FLZ.

57. What was the latest you wrote down on paper? A phone number to a restaurant before calling to make reservations for Easter Brunch.

58. When did you last go church? I was in a US Lutheran Church for Lucia a few years ago.

59. Who was your favorite teacher in 7-9th grade (”junior high”)? No favorite then, but I was very positively influenced by my 5th grade teacher Rolf Olsson. He was super!

60. How long have you camped in a tent? A week in 9th grade on a school trip. Had terrible joint pain. Not fun. Last time was 3 years ago for 2 nights here in Florida in a beautiful beach national park with Ken and Sarah.

1 comment:

petchie said...

Vad kul att läsa din lista! Jag "fuskade" lite på första frågan, jag har ju inte fyllt år än men räknar man bara till årtalet så är 39 om 5 år...
Gullefjunlåten - åh, jag kommer inte på hur den går, måste nog googla den! ;-) Och vad många ställen du bott på i Sverige, jag trodde du alltid bott på Gotland!