Friday, May 4, 2007

Bugs!

I forgot to ask... I am under attack! Or I should say my hibiscus plants are! When we moved in here in April 2004 I planted 5 hibiscus shrubs along the walkway up to the front door in different colors. They are great! I usually get the usual bugs like lice, but they are super easy to get rid off, just a spray of water and they are gone.

Now I have some other kind of bugs that are messing up the leaves, turning the yellow. The only thing I can find out is that they might be thrips (trips, blåsfoting in Swedish). They look like the little tiny bugs I see and they seem to act like them too. I have an organic bug killer that I used, but it doesn't seem to work that well. But I am not very patient either...

I don't want my poor hibiscus to loose all their leaves to these tiny critters! Any ideas?

1 comment:

Annika said...

Sorry, kan inte komma med tips om dina skadedjur. Jobbigt är det i varje fall.
Jag har så mkt bladlöss på mina rosor, måste börja bekämpa dem. Jag har "svarat" på din utmaning på min blogg...
Vad tyckte du om Grey's...??? Själv tycker jag att det går down-hill.FAST!!!