Thursday, May 10, 2007

Walking Nirvana

It might be hard to understand how much I am enjoying this very new freedom to be able to go for long walks. For the past 4 years I have been so sick so I have barley at times been able to even make it around the house with the dogs.

The super power of steroids (though evil little pills due to all the side effects) have now kicked into full swing. I have enjoyed not only looooong walks, I was able to go to the beach and just enjoy myself! No worrying about where the nearest bathroom is, no pain. Wonderful! I was able to even lay on my stomach, which is a first in I don't know how many years! I am still not great, but at least I have some control over the situation. I feel so relaxed!

So far I have gained about 5 lbs from the Prednisone, all of it on my stomach and my face. The bloat of steroids is not pretty. You tend to look like the Michelin man! I am just so grateful to have some normalcy back in my life. I can take my daughter to the park without worrying! We are going to a secluded beach on Sunday, it is our secret, special beach. No way I could have gone there just 2 months ago, since there are no bathrooms there! No all I have to worry about is if I have enough sunblock on...

I am a little worried what will happen after the steroids are finished, at the end of summer. I am suppose to start Remicade infusions, but we are still waiting for the OK from the insurance company (even though they allowed it last year). And it didn't work last time. But, this time I am better of, not having uncontrolled inflammation, so it might have a chance to work. All I can do is hope for the best. I am so tired of being sick. It really have ruled my life the last few years.

If I get this work project done in time I might go for another walk this afternoon. I am not sure Bob (the red min min) can handle it. He barely made it this morning, he had to stop in a shady spot and catch his breath. But he needs the exercise, so I will drag him along.

i just had bruna bönor for lunch. Life is beautiful!

4 comments:

Tempus Fugit said...

Åhh, så skönt för dig.
Jag är så glad för din skull.

Stackars lilla "korv" men som du säger, han behöver nog röra på sig. Ha ha, vad han ska se olycklig ut. Jag tror aldrig jag har sett en hund med sådan mimik. Han är underbar, ge honom, S och S en mosterkram.

Fia said...

Åh vad skönt för dig. Jag kan verkligen förstå dig, jag har haft problem med min mage i många år och det tog läkarna jättelänge att komma underfund med vad det var, de trodde IB eller Crohns en längre tid då symtom tydde på det, sedan kom de på vad det var och tyvärr finns det ingen hjälp mot det förutom kost och så lite stress som möjligt...men jag kan också gå ut och gå nu (men det måste ske med helt tom mage, helst) och jag måste fortfarande vänta ca 30 minuter på en rest. efter en måltid för att se om det är säkert att lämna stället, men jag mår mycket bättre nu och är så glad att du gör det också!

Anne-Marie said...

Härligt att du känner dig bättre och kan leva ett mer normalt liv! Att vara sjuk är inte roligt. Kan förstå att cortisonet inte har så roliga bieffekter. Min pappa (som gick bort för 5 år sedan) fick äta cortison och han hade ett "månansikte".

S w e F l o said...

Jo, månasniktet är på G... Har ätit Prednisone ganska ofta över de senaste 20 åren, så man blir väl van...