Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wall decorations

I was just talking about wall decorations in a previous post. For many years I was so bored with my walls, we lived 8 years in an apartment where we were not allowed to paint, so blank, white walls... When we bought our current house 3 years ago I let out my desire for COLOR and I also found some different ideas for wall decorations. One of them was the Wall Words I mentioned.

Another fun idea (and equally reversible, just wet and remove) are Wallies. They are pretty much little decorations made out of pre-pasted wall paper like material, with a vinyl layer so they can be cleaned, but they are easily removed. They come in all kinds of shapes and forms, you can buy them through the manufacturer or as I did, a lot cheaper on eBay. If you search for wallies you will find all kinds of vendors. They even have these in Sweden now, I noticed.

I have even gotten a Wallie mural in our master bath, so the husband has something nice to look at when he takes a leak ;-)!

Here are the Wallies I have at home:

Wallie mural in master bath

Matching Wallies under master bath window (sand dollars & starfish)

Palm trees in the guest bath

Close up

Another thing I like to decorate with is wrought iron wall plaques. So far I have two, as you can see below:

In the living room...

And in the kitchen.

Home decorating is fun, but I am not a nick-knack kind of person, so I tend to go light on decor. But this might give you an idea or two!

3 comments:

VERONIKA said...

Vad fint du verkar ha hemma!! Gillade verkligen ditt gastbadrum, urlackert! Walies ska jag ocksa kolla upp.
Tack for fina bilder!

Annika said...

Nu ska jag VERKLIGEN kolla webb-sidan!!! Jättesnyggt!!! tack för titten!!

Anne said...

Vad fina bilder! Jag blir själv inspirerad och får idéer. Tyckte mycket om master badrum.