Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Work or ... work?

I can't decide what to do. I have a project that needs to be done, but they don't need it right away. It is short but complicated, so it would be nice to get it out of the way though. On the other hand I have a LOT to do this week to get ready for S's birthday party. We will be 13 people, and the house needs a major overhaul. I was thinking about baking the cake base today and freeze it. I already got most of the groceries, I just need to get the most perishable stuff on Thursday or Friday.

I really would like to get out and thoroughly wash the windows too. Maybe even bring out the power washer and really get the grit out.

So I am not sure where to start. Plus all the other things I can clean. I decided to steam clean the yucky carpet on Thursday when S is in school, since it will be wet for a while. That way it has a chance to actually stay clean until Saturday as well.

I need to do all the laundry, wash the dogs, you name it. I figure if I spread it out over the week it shouldn't be a problem. I never have enough energy nowadays since I have been so sick for a few years, I used to be able to do a big cleaning in ONE day.

At least my cold is gone, I am just stuck with this bone rattling cough still, but that is OK, at least no more fever, it really knocked me to my knees!

Mother in law picked up S around 1 PM yesterday and kept her until 7:30 PM. They had a lot of fun, went to the park and played, and checked out the camp ground where she is staying. She is going to be gone for a very long time, most likely we won't see her again until Christmas! She is leaving tomorrow, first stop Texas. Then she is going up to Colorado where she rented a cabin so her daughter (K's sister K) and her kids can come and visit. Then she will go into California and go up trough Washington and cross into Canada to get to Dawson's Creek where she is meeting her friends and embarking on the 48 day long caravan tour of Alaska. Pretty gutsy for being a single 70 year old!

K came home about the same time S did last night. I made some yummy Thai beef with broccoli, and then he was out on the couch, with only 2.5 hours of sleep from the previous day. He was pleasantly surprised when he came back to the office yesterday. He had a nice talk to his employee, and when he checked the log on the software he noticed she had worked hard all day, no goofing off at all. So maybe there is hope that he can keep her. We will see.

Well, I better get started on SOMETHING around here. Maybe I should go outside and do the windows. It is suppose to hit 90 degrees today, so it might be a good idea to do it while it is still in the 70s...

1 comment:

Matildas fikarum said...

Perhaps she was computer savvy enough to realise the new software had been installed? Either way, I hope it works out for your husband. Doing two jobs must be so draining.