Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Can they really do this?

I just happened to be finishing up practical stuff for our Sweden trip. I still have to apply for a US passport for S, since she can't really travel on her Swedish one without being considered an immigrant when returning (at least that is what they told me). The US does not recognize double citizenship, so in their eyes she is only a US citizen. I only got the Swedish to establish that in case she ever wants/needs to live in Sweden.

Anyway, I noticed online they had changed our flight out of Tampa to Philadelphia, where we will fly out to Stockholm from. They just moved us to a flight 2 hour later without any whatsoever notification. can they just DO that? I called and confirmed, and they wouldn't give me any explanation (we are flying US Air). We still have the same seats that I had picked out. This will of course only get us 1.5 hour in Philly before our next flight, but they said it should be no problem.

We had planned on having dinner there before boarding (our flight leaves at 5:55 PM), since we know S won't eat anything they dare serve her on the plane... But I am sure there won't be any time for that now.

Does anyone know if we have to go through security again after arriving in Philly? I figured as long as we stay in the concourse are we would be OK, but I have no idea which concourse the flight to Sweden leaves from. I should call and find out. In that case we should be able to at least grab a meal at Chick Fila or something... Grumble... *** UPDATE: I called the airport and the airline, and they both said we don't have to go through security again when arriving in Philly, but I have learned to take such confirmation with a grain of salt... But I think we should be fine! And since we have to go through the food court to go to the next terminal we should at least be able to at least grab something real quick for S... But USAir is notorious for pretty much never being on time, so I am just keeping my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Airlines can do whatever they want - and they often do. If you go to another area of an airport usually you have to go through security, but if you stay in the same area I would assume that you would not have to go through it again. But, you never know these days. Go online and get an airport map over the airport, that has helped me many times to know how far I have to walk/travel to get from one gate to the next.

MariofSweden said...

Vi åkte via Philadelphia hem när vi varit hos er.
Det tog inte alls långtid men så var det oxå efter högsäsongen.
Vi hade inte ycket mer tid än ni får. men vi åt ju med dig innan i tampa så vi hade ju inte matproblemet ni har.