Thursday, April 5, 2007

The mysteries of men

Of what I have understood from friends I am not alone in this...

Last night I e-mailed a short list for the husband to go by the grocery store on the way home. He didn't bring the list. Even if he did, the result might have been the same.

I asked for specifically FAT FREE organic milk. I got 2 % Organic milk. He knows I hate anything but fat free.

I asked for white bread since I am not supposed to eat anything else right now. He comes home with this monstrous thing called an Easter Bread! It is like a loaf of bread crossed with fruit cake. Nasty!

I said get fruit. He got fruit. That one is an easy one right? Well, one time he came home with pickled grapefruit. PICKLED GRAPEFRUIT???

The rest of the stuff on the list (read the most important stuff) he forgot.

It is ALWAYS the same thing. And then get pissed because I am pissed. Just buy what you are supposed to! Especially when he knows I will be pissed if (when) he screws it up! I don't get it! He can run a complex CPA firm, but not get a few groceries???

Don't get me started on other things, like throwing his used clothes on the floor NEXT to the hamper instead of inside it...! Or putting empty food containers back in the fridge... or... yeah, you know, husband stuff.

Good for him he is so cute!

2 comments:

Annika said...

Good for him that he's so cute .-))) That's true...

Pickled Grape fruit when he was going to buy fruit. That is pretty far-fetched...Ha, ha!!

No, but I know what you mean, sometimes it is so hard to send the men shopping.

Katrineholm Review said...

Never get mad at the husband for anything. Be very Swedish and take it calmly. Then go to the story yourself, take a photograph of the items so that next time he knows by sight what to get. Maybe he's a visual person when it comes to store visits. But again, getting mad over small things is not worth it and it cannot help. As you wrote, he then gets upset.