Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Work day!

I just sent S and K off, and today I have a lot of work to do.

I have this longtime client that is really odd. I love the girls in their office, especially since they send me a lot of work, but they have no people skills! They are located in Hong Kong, and I know from phone conversations that their English is not the best, so I am accepting it is a cultural difference. But I have close friends from Hong Kong, and they are NOT like that!

Anyway, I get a new project from them early this morning. This new project manager I haven't worked with before says: "This is for very important client! You do your best work! Don't mess up!" OK!!! Be a little more subtle... Plus they know I am very detail oriented with work and they always give me great feedback from their end client, so it is not like I need an extra slap in the right direction or anything. Just kind of funny...

5 comments:

Lotta E said...

Hej Tina!

Härligt att läsa din blogg. Då får man ju lite koll på vad du håller på med på dagarna..

Kramar,
Lotta

S w e F l o said...

Hej snuttan!
Kan knappt vänta tills det är dags att "fika" i sommar! Ska bli kul att träffa barnen med! Kram, kram!

Annika said...

Alltid jobbigt med en kommunikation som inte riktigt når fram.
Hoppas det går bra!

Anne-Marie said...

Tänk vad olika, olika kulturer kan vara. Jag jobbade på ett amerikanskt företag i Stockholm och hade kontakt med kontor över hela världen och det var en väldig skillnad i hur folk var arbetade på olika håll i världen.

Anne said...

Jo, det är verkligen olika. Men spännande med olika arbetskulturer och sätt att kommunicera.
-Anne
www.utvandrare2000talet.blogg.se