Tuesday, April 10, 2007

One of life's little luxuries...

I was just making the bed, and I realized how much I love it! I mean, with age comes appreciation of things I would never have thought much of in my early 20s: my precious shiny new stainless steel appliances, for instance.

But the bed. Oh the bed! It is a fairly well used Sealy Posturepedic bed, queen size. Waaay too small for us, the dogs and the daughter, which is usually what ends up in it every night... But I have equipped it with a thick memory foam mattress pad and glorious super luxe 600 thread count linens. Those linens with their cool crispness are such an everyday thing now, I forgot how my dear husband's old polyester blend used to feel like. Not. The. Same.

So if you can, get luxurious sheets. And a memory foam mattress pad. It makes a bed into a haven. And I am getting old :-)!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Haha, nä inte hade man trott för sisådär x-antal år sen att man en dag skulle tycka höjden av lycka är lyxiga, fina lakan. Men så är det, håller med i det du säger! Så vi är nog rätt vuxna nu :) Riktigt fina lakan är grejer det.
utvandrare-Anne

Anne-Marie said...

Visst är det härligt med en bra och skön säng. Har en Select Comfort säng (sleep number system) och det är en skön säng som man kan ha hur hård eller mjuk man vill allt efter hur man känner sig eftersom det är en luftmadrass.

S w e F l o said...

Min svärmor svär att det är det bästa med en sleep number. Svärmor som svär, ha ha...