Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Just got back

Had an appointment with my gastro doctor this morning, Dr P. He gave me the go-ahead to start going down in dose on the steroids. Unfortunately it will be very slow, and in 10 weeks I will still be on 15 mg, not exactly fun, but we want to take it slow since I have been doing so bad for so many ears now. They are still working on setting up the Remicade treatments, but that should start within a few weeks. Oh, and Dr P said the steroids most definitely was causing the head pain problem, he said he had seen that in other patients on such a high dose. So there is hope it will start going away on its own when the dose is lessened. But it sure sucks having constant pain/pressure in your head...

Today it has been very busy, after the doctor's appointment S and I stopped by K's office for a quick lunch, and after some errands we are now back home. i have a rather large project that has to be turned in by Friday morning, so I need to work on it a bit today if I won't want to sit up really late tomorrow night. S will be in school tomorrow, so hopefully K can pick her up, which should give me at least an extra hour to work.

Yesterday was officially the end of tax season! The beginning of having regular family life again! K decided to go home early, so by 5 PM we had put some chicken in Thai marinade and went for a looong walk, the entire family! I can't even remember when we did that last time! Since K was home so early we were able to sit down and have dinner together, and S got to hang out with daddy. She fell asleep just before 8 PM, very happy.

On Saturday we are looking forward to spending the entire day at Disney World, I asked one of the neighbours to stop by and take the dogs out after lunch, since we will be gone for about 12 hours. We can't wait! There are a bunch of rides S couldn't go on last time, but she has grown since our last visit, so Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain, here we come! the weather is beautiful, life is beautiful. Take care.

2 comments:

Annika said...

Yes, lets hope you'll start feeling better soon...
I can only imagine the pressure in your head.

How lovely for you to go to WDW!! we've been there twice and we all love it! We're going b ack next fall again. Spending a week!!

I went up in Expedition Everest when we were there...Thougt I was going to die, but Peter loved it :-)

Great that tax season is over...

S w e F l o said...

WDW is nice, but I really only like teh Magic Kingdom. For adults or older kids I think my favourit is Universal Studios, the original. Lots of fun rides! We went twice last year over a long weekend. But it is kind of a must when you only live 1.5 hours away! If you happen to come by Bradenton, (45 minutes south of Tampa) we would love to take you guys out to our favourit Gulf Front place for some nice Florida food and sunset! Just let me know!