Sunday, April 1, 2007

A little adventure drive...

Today I was thinking S and I was going to go for a little drive before heading over to the office. I am doing great on that big job and should be able to finish it today, which is great since it isn't due until Thursday!

Anyway, one of my little "hobbies" is to get to know my community better. I have been living here for 11 years now, so I am pretty familiar with everything, but they build all the time and the expansion has been pretty extensive the last few years.

I always look at houses online, to get an idea of where we want to go next when the time comes. Being familiar with the real estate market helped us find our current house and get a good deal. I found this community called Twin Rivers, normally I wouldn't considering something that far out in the country. It is just north of us, on the other side of the river in a place called Parrish. It has had a boom lately and many very nice new communities have popped up, followed by the conveniences of everyday life such as grocery stores etc. They have also built several new schools to off set the influx, so the quality of life would be there. I also found a house that is close to my "dream home dream", so if I were to win the Lotto soon, this is where you would find me! Twin Rivers Dream Home.

One concern I had was the drive for K, he really hates commuting, and now he has about 15-20 minutes which isn't too bad. (Mine is better: 0 minutes!)

So I was looking on Google Maps to see if there are any "back roads" he could take. The Interstate is after all often clogged anyway... And wow! There are all this cool little roads, and mainly just one short and one longer he could take, straight to where his office is! I have been on these roads partially when going canoeing and such, but never driven the entire stretch. So I figured, instead of going I-75 today, I am going to go north one exit, check out this community and then drive the road he would have to drive.

Another benefit is the view! These roads are all surrounded by Florida nature at its best! (Can be a problem too; i.e. the poor deer we hit at dusk that totalled our car back in 1999...)

So a little adventure it is!

No comments: