Saturday, March 31, 2007

What a wonderul day!

My plan was to work all day today at K's office, but I just really felt like getting out a bit, so S and I went downtown to see the new Disney movie, "Meet the Robinson's". The film wasn't that great, I had expected a bit more from Disney. Iam a SciFi lover, so I figured it would be cool with the time traveling and all, but it fell short, and it also seemed to have a lot of plot holes. On the other hand, small kids don't care about that. Sarah thought the dinosaur was really cool!

After the movie S and I went by this really nice Vietnamese restaurant called Pho Cali, and picked up some yummy and healthy food. We haven't eaten yet, I am waiting for one of K's client to leave and then YUM! It smells so great!

After that I better get my stuff together and buckle down.

I also heard from L today, she came home last night after a long trip (she is a flight attendant). We made plans to go out and have lunch on Monday and maybe do some shopping as well. Sarah loves her so much, and she has become a bit of a substitute grandmother. L is such a young person, but she is actually born 1950, the same year my mom was born, so they would have been the same age if she had lived. L has taken on a lot of grandmother duties over the years (and privileges), and she and her family feels like family. She doesn't have any grand kids of her own yet, but there might be some in the next few years. Her daughter is 3 years younger than me and have been trying for a few years, but she has some medical issues that are keeping her and her husband from starting a family just yet. She really enjoys S and looks at her as a great opportunity to get some "inside information" on child rearing.

For me L is not like a mom, but a very good friend. We feel very close in age, oddly enough!

1 comment:

mintid said...

Hej!
Här hamnade jag via en länk.
Tycker det är så intressant att läsa om er utlandssvenskar och hur ni har det.
Hoppas helgen är trevlig!

Kram