Thursday, September 6, 2007

Cabin fever

I am getting really tired of being couped up all the time. I am ready to start living normal life again, but it is hard when you are just so tired! I could barely walk to the mailbox yesterday. But I have decided it is time to start venture out. I am not too concerned with driving, since it doesn't require walking. Walking is my only problem. So. We are going to Wal Mart. It is only a 2 minute drive from here, and I am planning on riding on one of those electrical wheelchairs in the store. I just need to get out some.

The rash is worse than ever! Most likely because I can't stop scratching all over! I took two Benadryl at bed time last night, but they didn't do anything! I even scratched in my sleep!

I got a suggestion from a nurse friend today to ask for a prescription for a heavy duty antihistamine called Atarax. Apparently it is especially good for hives and itching. So I e-mailed my doctor and we will see if they can call that in for me. They are usually pretty good with responding fast. I sure hope so. This is driving me NUTS!

Tomorrow I am venturing out a little further, since I will drive to pick up Sarah at school at 11:30 AM.

1 comment:

JaCal said...

Oh, I can totally understand your cabin fever! Good plan!! I'm "holding my thumbs" for that Atarax to work on you... can't imagine how crazy that itch is making you!!

Kram!!