Sunday, September 9, 2007

Update

I did some research about intestinal blockages when you have a J-pouch, and I did all the tips they suggested for fixing it. I think it is just a partial blockage, since I am not vomiting and I am able to go to the bathroom.

So the tricks I tired was drinking grape juice and hot tea, plus plenty of fluids in general. I also took the dogs for a long walk, which I think really helped. It was difficult, I was really feeling weak still and a bit dizzy, but my sister suggested I bring the cell phone just in case something happened.

I have now three times passed a few bits of corn, and the pain is not as intense, so I am hoping this means it is resolving itself. Sigh! I am really tired of all this, but nothing you can do but roll with the punches, as they say. It could be a lot worse, so I am still happy!

Carina and I are leaving in 20 minutes to have a girls day out. First we are going to see the flick Stardust, which I am really looking forward to. We both like sci-fi kind of movies, and I think this one will be fun. I very rarely get to go and see a grown up movie, nowadays it is always Disney movies for us, so I am thrilled!

Afterwards we are going by the mall to get some Estee Lauder stuff. We went shopping yesterday at the mall for many hours (me in a wheel chair), and we got all kinds of goodies. My sister has really been stocking up on Estee Lauder, since they are twice as expensive in Sweden. And right now they are having a really nice "gift with purchase" at our Macy's, so she has been getting a few things here and there so she can get a gift with each item she buys.

I really like Estee Lauder. I used to buy mainly Lancome before, but their stuff tend to have too much perfume in them. I like Clinique, but only for a few things. Elisabeth Arden is very nice, but often too pricey for me. Since I moved to Florida I have become so wrinkly, with all the sun exposure, so I definitely need some nicer products to combat that.

1 comment:

Annika said...

Men vad skönt att du verkligen är på bättringsvägen nu. Tycker det låter fantastiskt att du var ute och gick med hundarna idag! Vilken grej! Och du klarade det!

Såg att macy's har "gwp" nu, och det såg snyggt ut. Gillar också Lauder, köper alltid Lancome mascara dock, men till hudvård har jag Arden.
Så roligt för er att ha tjejdag!!!
Du är en kämpe!!

Kram!!!