Sunday, September 16, 2007

What's for dinner?


Yesterday I had planned on making something light for dinner, but after skipping lunch I was really hungry. I started craving "järpar" (kind of like an oval beef croquette), something I haven't had since I was a kid! So I ended up making järpar with Swedish cream gravy, mashed potatoes, lingonberries and onions. Mums!

I love cooking, it is a real hobby of mine, as well as collecting cookbooks. Last night I made an Asian marinade and place a flank steak in it for overnight soaking. I am going to grill that later with some garlic broccoli and rice. Then tomorrow I am making bacon rolled chicken breast, and then...

What happened was I started to look what kind of meats I had in the freezer, and what else was in the kitchen. Based on that I made a menu for the week to come. It is so much easier when you know what you are cooking for the week, and everything can be ready. Researching recipes is fun too, I like to try new things often.

Today I have been cleaning a bit, and the house is looking good! Now all I have to do for today is take a shower and cook dinner later on. Hmmm... That stack of new magazines waiting for me is looking inviting. Great lazy Sunday!

I think we will go down to our clubhouse later too. They tore down the old playground a few months ago, and I just saw they finally put up a new one. I bet Sarah will love that!

5 comments:

Tempus Fugit said...

Du lagar supergod mat... det vet väl jag :)

Ä D P K

britgirl said...

I do wish I could cook!
I'm amazed that you can eat those kinds of things so soon after your op.

Desiree said...

Järpar är goda. Du verkar vara duktig i köket. God mat är viktigt. Hoppas du fick en skön stund med dina tidningar.

S w e F l o said...

I have eaten pretty much anything I want after the surgery. I am not suppose to eat like that, but except for corn it seems to work great! Food really is a great pleasure in life!

Annika said...

Järpar har jag inte ätit på år och dag. Smask!!!
Håller med om att det är roligt att laga mat, iallafall ibland. Det svåraste är vardagsmaten, där fastnar man lätt i samma, samma, samma...
Underbart för dig at du nu, i princip, kan äta vad du vill!!!!