Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fishing

We had a great time taking Sarah out fishing for the first time! We had a yummy breakfast at the Rod & Reel Pier, then we went downstairs and fished for a few hours. Sarah caught two fish!

Ken & Sarah in front of the Rod & Reel Pier

We brought some synthetic bait that was suppose t be really good.

The bait crabs sure looked real enough!

Ken showed Sarah how to fish, and she soon got a hang of it!

I was happy watching the action from my chair!

She got one! Her very first fish!!!

The fish was small but very beautiful.

Just check out it's cool neon colors in this close up!

After admiring her catch she released the fish back into the water.

There it went! Splash!

She caught another one! This one had lots of teeth!

Back with this one too!

When can we go fishing again, mom?

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I see the holes in the fish's mouth. No, I don't think it is nice against the fish. Yes, it hurts me looking at it... But a kid has to draw her own conclusions about things, and I think going fishing is part of growing up... But I feel for the fish, I do! :-)

2 comments:

Annika said...

Vilka härliga bilder från er helg!! Jättekul att se!

Desiree said...

Wow vad kul för Sarah att få fiska. Två fiskar var inte illa. Du får ta och gratulera den stora fiskartjejen. Den var verkligen otroligt vacker den ena fisken hon fångade. Kul att se det där artificial bait.