Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Rash Girl

I have the worst of luck when it comes to anything medical... Today I am completely covered in a very itchy rash. It started a little bit a few days ago, but no it is from the tips of my ears to my toes! And ITCHING!

The only thing that is new and that I never have taken before is something called Protonix, and acid reducer that I am suppose to take with the steroids to avoid tearing up my stomach with too much acid.

I called the doctor. Only about 6 % of people get this type of rash. I looked it up on the Internet: the top layer of the skin can actually peel off! Great...

So no more Protonix. I am suppose to take Benadryl at night and use Benadryl cream. I also took some Claritin (another antihistamine) just now. Hope it helps. Ouch!

4 comments:

Desiree said...

Hej vännen, så skönt att höra att du nu är hemma även om du fortfarande är mycket trött och svag. Det verkar gå i rätt riktning. Bra att du numer får sova bättre undern nätterna. Jag hoppas att du får bukt med klådan snart. Antihistamin borde ju hjälpa dig lite iallfall.

Vad kul att läsa att du och Carina fått så bra kontakt även om ni inte har träffats så ofta innan. Hon verkar vara en underbar person med ett stort hjärta din kära syster.

För var dag som går blir du säkerligen lite bätte, lite starkare och lite piggare. Jag hoppas att du om några månader kommer att få känna dig bättre än någonsin. Sköt om dig, vila dig.
Kram Desiree

S w e F l o said...

Tack så mycket Desiree, du är alltid så vänlig och omtänksam!

JaCal said...

Oh, no, what a bummer! Statistics sure should be on your side now! I hope you find something that helps, itching sure can drive you nuts!

Kram!!

BritGirl said...

You're not the only one there.
If there are side effects to be had,I'm sure to get them and usually the most troublesome ones!
Itching is horrid so you have my sympathy totally.
I hope you're in less pain now though.
I guess it's going to be two steps forward and three back sometimes but you'll get there.
More hugs!