Friday, March 30, 2007

Cool stuff!

Wow, what a nice day S and I had! First we did a few errands for Ken, and then we headed over to Target. I found all kinds of cool stuff for her Easter basket, as well as a few extra things for my Australian friend's boy. His birthday is about 3 weeks before S's, and I got all the stuff ready to be packed up and shipped.

Then we headed over to Longhorn Steakhouse and had a lovely lunch. Grilled shrimp on rice and a house salad for me, and a hot dog, fries and grapes for S. None of us ate that much, but it was good!

K is like my old departed step-grandfather/dad, the kind of person who thinks it is a sin to leave food on the plate. I argue with him about it all the time, since I pretty much never eat all my food. First of all, there is no law against leaving your food! Take a doggy bag home! Second of all, the portions are often HUGE beyond what a normal person should eat anyway. It just is not healthy! I often have to stop him from eating my leftovers. He just can't help himself getting uncomfortable seeing all that food going to waste. Well, I don't think it needs to go to his waist, either. So I stop him. With love.

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

The portions you get in restaurants are always too big! Not strange that so many Americans carry some extra pounds. I eat what feels comfortable and then either I take a doggy bag or leave what I haven't eaten.

S w e F l o said...

So many Americans I know would balk at Swedish portions! They would probably feel like they got cheated or something... Like it is not a good value unless the plate is overheaped!