Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Yuck day!


Hmmm... I tried to sleep as long as I could this morning, since I am not allowed to eat anything except liquids today. I have to start the torture of the prep at noon. I managed to stay under the covers until 10 AM at least. I am already really hungry!

At noon I am suppose to take these 4 super duper laxative pills, and as soon as I start running to the bathroom from that (usually pretty soon0 you are suppose to drink a glass of that disgusting crap every 10 minutes, until all 2 liters are gone. And no sipping! It all has to be chugged fast... NASTY! It really taste like plastic saltwater. They have tried to make it better, it is just 2 liters now compared to the old 4, and they give you little flavor packs, so you can choose to have either cherry, lime or orange flavored plastic saltwater... Oh how nice!

Last night K came home at 8 PM. I made Pasta Caprese, which is one of the few vegetarian dishes we both enjoy. Here is the recepie:

One glob of nice mozzarella cheese
About 4 plum tomatoes
3 table spoons good olive oil
a splash of red vine vinegar
1 clove of garlic
Bunch of fresh basil
Lots of freshly ground black pepper
Salt to taste
Spaghetti or other pasta (whole grain is good for this)

I just chop the tomatoes really fine, same with the garlic. Mix with olive oil and vinegar, salt and pepper. Chopped the mozzarella into small bite size pieces, chop the basil.

Let these ingredients marinate in room temperature for about an hour. Add hot, freshly cooked noodles (with a bit of cooking water still clinging to them), stir and add more salt and pepper to taste. The heat makes the mozzarella melt slightly. Yummy and light!

Over and out for now.

No comments: