Friday, March 30, 2007

Murder mystery???

I was just taking the dogs out, and on my way back in I noticed something strange outside our front door. Like 1 foot from the door... At closer inspection it confirmed what I suspected. It was the tip of a snake's tail! All bloody and fresh. And there was blood smeared on the cement. So a snake must have met his grizzly end there sometime during the night. Wonder where the rest of him is?

The dogs never sniffed once, they didn't notice anything! And they sniff ALL the time... It looked like it came from a corn snake judging by the color. We seem to have a lot of these beautiful snakes around here. I don't think this tail could have come from the one that died a few weeks ago, because the blood was so fresh. Weird! But we do have quite a large family of sharp shinned hawks living nearby, maybe they had an early meal a la snake...

No comments: