Thursday, March 29, 2007

Proof!

We all know American food portions in restaurants are way out of proportion...

Another piece of evidence: Sometimes I like a fast meal that is also somewhat OK nutrition wise. I opt for a plain baked potato and a small chili at Wendy's. Poor the chili over/on the potato, voila! An instant, satisfying meal. Today I also added a medium un-sweet ice tea. The cup was so big it barely fit the cup holder in the car. And get this; after 3.5 hours the tea left was still cold, since the share size kept it that way... Imagine how many calories would have been in there if it was a regular soda?

2 comments:

Matilda said...

Gosh, that wasn't bad. Perhaps that's a solution for the water bottles that constantly turn medium warm after an hour. Larger bottle - colder water.

But I must ask, are the American baked potatoes bigger than those in Sweden?

S w e F l o said...

Actually I don't remember the Swedish once... We usually used regular potatoes (had our own garden). My mom used to wrap them in foil and we used to have them with herbed butter when we barbequed... But I am sure I have seen the bigger "baking" pototes too. Wendy's are pretty small. But the huge big once I have seen here at times would be hard to beat!