Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thursday morning

Here I am, ready to work at 6:30 AM. I am trying to get a hold on someone at SBU to give me a non-password protected PDF I need, but she seems to be taking a very looong lunch... Irritating!

Last night I got a call from a translation agency that want me to do a translation. great. But they want it on Friday, and it is really a two day job. Then he said I was too expensive, so fine, him being a new client I offered a 20 % discount. The text is pretty technical, so it isn't a walk in the park either. I e-mailed him and asked if they could extend the deadline. i would love to take the job, it would be an extra $480 this week, but I am only human. Maybe if the deadline is end of business tomorrow, I might be able to swing it. i will see what he says whenever he gets in his office I guess. He is in Pennsylvania, so that might be 30 minutes or 2 hours, depending on his hours... So much for being bright and bushy!

No comments: